The Supporter Lookup’s Transaction History gadget displays a list of the supporter’s transactional history stored within Engaging Networks by transaction type. Therefore it is a good overview of how the supporter has interacted with your pages and emails.
Each transaction item includes the three-letter transaction type, reference name of the transaction (such as page name or question name) and the date when the interaction occurred.
You can customize the type of transactions displayed and how many are displayed at once. You can also include multiple gadgets of this type in your layout with different filters and give each a custom display name.
What is displayed in the gadget?
Here’s an example of how the gadget might look for a supporter:
There are several pieces of information:
- Colour – the colour of the bar gives you some quick information on the transaction. Green denotes a successful donation or event, red a failure. Blue are advocacy actions, light orange are opt-in submissions, dark orange are email activities
- Type – the three-letter code denotes the type of transaction. See below of more information
- Name – the name is the page name of an advocacy or fundraising transaction or email. For opt-ins it is the name of the opt-in itself
- Date – when the transaction occurred (EST timezone)
Getting more details
If you click on any of the items, it will slide open to reveal more information about that transaction. What is displayed depends on the transaction type. But some common ones are:
- Time – the time the transaction occurred
- Campaign ID – this is the campaign ID of the advocacy, donation or event page. Note that this is not the same to the page builder ID that can be seen in the URL
- Tracking parameter – the tracking used on the transaction, if this was set up
- Appeal code – the appeal code of the transaction, if this was set up
- Device – the device (browser) used
In addition to these, we’ll list some of the more common transaction types and additional information available here:
EBC: Email broadcast transaction
Email broadcast transactions are denoted as EBC. Only emails that have been opened, clicked, completed or unsubscribed will be displayed here. You can click on the item to display more information on these activities.
ETT: Email to target transactions
Email to target transactions are denoted as ETT. Only fully participated ETTs (rather than registrations) are displayed, although you can export registrations as well. In addition to the standard information that is shown, ETT transactions include a Contact that is the target of the ETT, and a Contact Organization which is the Organization (often the area they represent, e.g. constituency) of the target.
QCB: Opt-in transactions
Opt-in transactions are denoted as QCB.
- Source – the name of the page that the opt-in was submitted on
- Response – the response (Y or N) to the opt-in
- Opt in statement – the content of the opt-in that was submitted. Note that this will only appear if you have amended or re-saved your opt-ins after 20 April 2018 which is when this facility was added to the software
Transaction History Download
You can click the down arrow to download all transactions, or user data, for the supporter. Read more here.
By default this gadget loads with a default name, every transaction type displayed and only ten transactions are loaded at a time.
To customize the display name, which transaction types are displayed, or to change the number of transactions loaded at a time click on the settings icon .
- Enter the new name into the text field provided
- You can choose to load 5, 10, 20, 30, and 50 transactions per page
- Click on the transaction types you would like to disable/enable
- Click “Save” once you are complete customizing the gadget to apply your changes.
|Type of activity||Default code|
|Email to Target||ETT|
|Tweet to Target||TWT|
|Click to call||CTT|
|Data Capture Form||DCF|
|Email subscription management page||UNS|
Email sends do not generate this transaction. Only email interactions do, e.g. opens, clicks
|Marketing Automation Email||MBC|
Checkbox questions are also recorded as QCB, but are not included in this gadget
|Fundraising Credit/Debit Single
e.g. card donation
|Fundraising Credit/Debit Recurring
a recurring card payment managed by Engaging Networks
|Unmanaged recurring payment
a recurring payment not managed in Engaging Networks e.g. PDD
|Fundraising Bank Single||FBS|
|Fundraising Bank Recurring||FBR|
|Fundraising In Memoriam||FIM|
|Fundraising One Click||FOC|
|Peer-to-peer Credit Single||ACS|
|Peer-to-peer Credit Recurring||ACR|
|Peer -to-peer donation
|Event Purchase – Credit/Debit Single||ECS|
|Event Purchase – Bank Single||EBS|
|Event Purchase – Free/Cash tickets||ECC|
|Peer-to-peer check or cash payment||ACC|
|Peer-to-peer event registration credit fee||ACF|