You can use pivot tables in Excel, Google Sheets, or another spreadsheet programme, to report on the number of times a target has been contacted.
First you need to export the data and open it in Excel:
- Go to Data & Reports > Export, and create a new query
- In the blue “Build your universe of all possible records” filter area, go the the advocacy filter area (megaphone icon), add the Email-to-target page you want to report on as a filter
- Go to Use Query, and export the data, go to the job monitor, and download from the job monitor
- Open the csv file in Excel, or your chosen spreadsheet programme
Then you need to put the data into a pivot table so you can summarise it. This method is if you are using Excel:
- Select all the data
- Go the Insert menu and choose Pivot Table
- It will create a new tab with an empty pivot table on the left, and a PivotTable Fields panel on the right
- Under PivotTable fields on the right, drag Campaign Data 3 from the list of fields, field list into the Rows box. Campaign Data 3 contains the areas the target represents (e.g. the UK constituency)
- This should then display all the areas in your data in a list in your pivot table
- Then drag Campaign Data 3 again from the list of fields, into the Values box.
- This should then add another column to your pivot table, which is a count of the number of times the area has been targeted.