Ecommerce sites can have a menu for your supporters to navigate the site. The different menu items are managed via the Ecommerce admin settings (under the Navigation tab) or by editing the navigation block in page-builder.
When you first create a new Ecommerce site, the navigation block is added to all sections, except for Billing Information and Shipping & Payment.
Editing the navigation menu
When you edit the menu, you are shown a list of the items you have in the menu:
Editing individual items
When you edit an individual menu item, you are presented with three options:
- Label – this is the label of the item that the supporter will see and click on
- Type – this is either External URL or E-commerce Page. If you choose “E-commerce Page”, then you can link the item to a section within your Ecommerce site. You are given options in the dropdown below for how you want the menu to operate. For External URLs, this means the menu will link to a URL outside of the Ecommerce site, for example a donation page or your website. You are given an option below the Type dropdown to input your URL.
- Page – If you choose “E-commerce Page” for the Type, then you have a choice of :
- Home – displays the Home Page section, set via the page-builder
- Category list – displays Products filtered by a Category (and optionally a Tag)
- Product – displays a single Product
- Cart – displays the Cart section of your Ecommerce site
Moving menu items
You can use the crosshair icons to move the menu items into a different order. By dragging them to the right, you can make the menu a submenu of the item above, which means it will only appear when the supporter goes to the parent item.
This tab allows you to position the menu. By default it will appear as a “Sticky horizontal menu” which is a fixed “hovering” block at the top of your site. Otherwise you can choose unstyled if you want more control over its appearence using stylesheets.